Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Frank Black - Dog In The Sand (2000)



I'm sitting at my desk typing with one hand while I hold my daughter in the other. We are currently listening to my favorite Frank Black & The Catholics album, Dog In The Sand.
Dog In The Sand recorded "live to 2-track without edits" in the course of nine days.
"It's a recording of a performance, of a real performance between a group of people, an entourage, a band, as opposed to a facsimile of that, which is frequently what people do with multi-track recording. In other words, when people multi-track, they don't necessarily try to go to Sergeant Pepper's impossible surreal world. What they do is build and stack this performance that implies that there's a band playing. In fact what it is is a facsimile of that. There's lots of augmentation and fixing and correcting and doubling and tripling and whatnot. There's nothing wrong with that, so I can't really say that live recording is more advantageous than multi-track because of that, but I prefer it. I prefer it. It's a little more real. It's got a little more heart." - Frank Black interviewed by Dan Kilian.
The Official Unofficial Frank Black Fansite
SpinART Records
What Are Records?
"I don't consider myself well-versed into any genre, but I had lots of exposure to different types of music. I don't really plan my records to be eclectic, I just do them. There is never a plan, there is no vision." - Frank Black interviewed by Piero Scaruffi
Bullet
Blast Off
If I Takes All Night

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home