Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Gomer Unearths Shoebox of Classic Bootlegs.

We inherited a new cat. His name is Gomer. Gomer came to us via Steph's Grandfather. Gomer is a vampire. He only comes out at night and resides deep under our stairwell or behind boxes in our storage room. This cat has been here since last Friday and I have only seen him twice. Steph claims she sees him all the time but he is very stealth. While we were looking for Gomer, our new favorite pastime, we started moving some boxes around in the storage room. Anyhow, long story short I found a shoebox full of old cassette tapes from the '80s and '90s, as well as Gomer.

Now, I'm a taper, have been since the early '80s. I tape everything, mostly bootleg concerts, live radio concerts, radio interviews, anything that really interests me. Over the years I have amassed quite a collection of audio and video tapes. A lot of the time I will record something, listen to it a few times and toss it into storage. These were some of the boxes that I had totally forgotten about. There is some cool shit in these boxes. Sam Kinison interviews from 1988, GNR first Rockline appearance, A Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder radio show, live bootlegs and five years of KROQ acoustic X-Mas. As I listen to these gems, if they are still listenable, I will record them into mp3's for you all to download.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home